Greasy and therefore unhealthy cooking, unpleasant oily smell and complicated cleaning: traditional deep fryers have several disadvantages. However, for those who still don’t want to give up fried food, hot air fryers are the right choice. With these devices, you can also bake, grill, and roast. In addition to classics like french fries, bread and vegetables can also be prepared in the hot air fryer.If you want to learn more about air fryer reviews, please refer to:Mejores freidoras de aire 2023.It has very detailed evaluation instructions
The most important difference between conventional and hot air fryers is the way they work. Traditional deep fryers are designed to quickly heat up oil and thus the food. As a result, water is extracted from the food, which then evaporates. When the liquid has completely evaporated, a degree of browning occurs – the so-called Maillard reaction.
It is different with hot air fryers. These devices work similar to an oven that heats with circulating air. This way, the food is heated constantly. Here too, the water is evaporated from the food, but in this case, it is mixed with the dry air of the fryer. This increases the temperature of the food and crispy crusts are formed.
A significant advantage of hot air fryers is, therefore, the significantly lower oil consumption. This makes the food much healthier to prepare. In addition, the meals taste less greasy, and the annoying oily smell is avoided.
Please refer to a recipe
- 2 organic eggs
- 250 grams of flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 150 ml light beer
- 1 pinch of salt
1.Separate the eggs.
2.Mix egg yolks, flour, oil, beer, and salt to form a thick batter.
3.Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter.
4.Let the beer batter rest for 20-30 minutes.
Frying with beer batter:
1.Season the fish with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
2.Wash the vegetables and cut them into small pieces. For onion rings, peel the onion and cut it into thick rings.
3.Heat about 500 ml of neutral oil (e.g., sunflower oil) in a large pot until bubbles rise.
4.Dip the food in the beer batter using a fork and fry in the hot oil in portions, turning occasionally.
5.Once it has taken on a golden brown color, remove it from the pot with a slotted spoon and let it drain on kitchen paper.
Which ingredients can be fried in beer batter?
- Boneless fish fillets, such as from pollock, pike-perch, or plaice
- Seafood such as prawns or shrimps
- Vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, bell peppers, onions, carrots, and eggplant
Which dip goes well with beer batter?
- Spicy dips such as tzatziki, aioli, or cocktail sauce
- Vegan alternatives such as hummus, guacamole, or a red pepper dip
- Fruit in beer batter served with vanilla sauce makes a perfect dessert.
- For those who prefer sweet dishes, add some sugar to the beer batter and fry apple rings, peaches, bananas, or pineapple slices.
- Very hard vegetables should be pre-cooked.
- You can find more delicious recipes like empanadas and churros on our website.
- We also provide information on breading food and making breadcrumbs yourself.