As the standard of living continues to improve, people are increasingly realizing the importance of health, leading many to join gyms and adopt healthier lifestyles.
Everyone is well aware of the benefits of aerobic exercise for the body – it helps consume excess calories and reduce excess fat. However, many women still maintain a certain distance from strength training, fearing that it will make their limbs thicker. In reality, having a certain amount of muscle mass in the body is essential for everyone. The importance of strength training is mainly reflected in the following points:
- Strength training helps consume excess calories in the body, preventing and reducing the occurrence of obesity. Experts point out that each 1 kg of muscle consumes about 75-110 calories per day.
- Strength training can delay aging. Data shows that people who do not exercise regularly reach maximum muscle strength between the ages of 20-25, after which they lose about 10% of muscle weight and strength every decade. By age 60, the loss of muscle strength accelerates. Research shows that strength training can effectively maintain muscle strength.
- Strength training can help correct poor posture, such as rounded shoulders, hunchback, scoliosis, and limb imbalances.
- Strength training reduces the risk of sports injuries. Decreased muscle strength can lead to muscle strains and postural changes.
- Strength training increases bone density and reduces the risk of joint diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Strength training helps lower blood lipids and cholesterol levels.
- Strength training improves blood circulation and promotes metabolism.
Scientific research shows that modern standards for human health are measured in five areas: cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, and body composition. So, how can we meet these standards? The answer is simple: combining strength training and aerobic exercise is a straightforward and effective way for people to achieve these standards. One of the best ways to accomplish this is through long-term training with dumbbell exercises and exercise ball exercises. In addition, core area training and other exercises in the form of these two courses are popular among fitness practitioners.